We’ve been pushing updates just about daily for the last two weeks, and wanted to take a quick moment to let you in on a few of the more important changes. Nearly all of these improvements were the result of user feedback, so thanks again to everyone reaching out to help make us better. Keep it coming!
The calendar got quite bit of attention this week. We’ve added the ability to manage vehicle availability, take reservations and record reservation notes without leaving the calendar. We also improved color coding a bit by fading out reservations that are checked out or returned from those that are still upcoming. Finally, we added an indicator to warn you when reservations overlap with your desired turn around time.
Highlighting a range of days on the calendar will now pop up a new view that shows you a quick quote for that vehicle over the selected days. From there, you can continue to customize your quote or mark the days as unavailable. If you click on one of the red “Unavailable” markings, you’ll be able to mark the vehicle as available instead.
Creating New Quotes
In addition to managing availability, you can now start full quotes from the calendar interface as well. Select the date range for your quote and add additional add-ons/fees. You’ll get a full price breakdown and the ability to create your quote instantly.
Reservation Details & Notes
Clicking on a reservation will now give you a quick breakdown of the quote, payment due and reservation notes. You can record new notes directly from the overview without having to click through to the full reservation. you’re probably getting a bit dizzy from all the gifs, but here’s another!
We’ve changed the way reservations are displayed on the calendar a bit. Checked out and returned reservations are now faded out, upcoming reservations are darker and more prominent. The previous colors were a bit noisy, we’re hoping this will let you focus on what’s important a bit better.
New Account Settings
In addition to the calendar changes, we’ve also added a few new account settings to help set better defaults for your renters.
Renters can now reserve vehicles directly from your site without the need for approval or an extra back and forth. Just enable instant book in your account reservation settings, and renters will be guided through a simple checkout process including add-ons, insurance verification and payment. You’ll receive a confirmation email that the reservation has been completed.
Many of you have been asking for the ability to set minimum turnaround times on your vehicles. You can now set a minimum turn around time required between reservations. You’ll be able to create reservations during the turnaround time, but renters won’t be able to request them from your site. We’ve also added an indicator to the calendar to warn you about when a reservation may be an issue.
You can now set the default insurance selection for new reservations. This is a great way to default to a waived status if you work with mostly binders. We highly suggest leaving this set to “normal”, but it’s there if you need it
Improved Checkout Process
We pushed a substantial update to the checkout process for your renters. Renters are now given the opportunity to select addons for their reservation, and are then walked through an easy to use checkout process including insurance verification and payment details.
Other Changes & Improvements
- [IMPROVED] Added a 3 month view to the reservation calendar, some of you are WAY more into planning than we thought
- [IMPROVED] Vehicles can now be edited directly from the details tab
- [IMPROVED] Added debit/credit/renter lines to the transactions export functionality
- [IMPROVED] Sped up the transaction export function dramatically
- [FIX] Fixed an issue where you weren’t able to upload a license photo on behalf of your renters
- [FIX] Checkout page for renters no longer shows the default airstream image before loading your company image
- [FIX] Resolved an issue where account settings weren’t being honored, sorry about this one folks
- [FIX] Resolved an issue where day/night settings weren’t being shown correctly on rental pages
- [FIX] Made it easier to see that a reservation has expired and is no longer available to renters on the checkout page