We’ve been hard at work on some improvements to the way taxes are handled in the app, and we’re super excited to get the improvements released to you today. Many users live in states that require different tax rates based on vehicle type or rental add-on type. Previously, in order to handle this you’d need to build your tax rates into your final pricing. Not a great experience for you, your renters or your tax accountants (sorry tax accountants). Now, you’ll have the ability to define as many tax rates as you need and assign them to rentals or add-ons. Your account also provides an option for a default tax rate applied across your entire account (This can be overwritten on any rental).
Creating new tax rates
To create new tax rates, open up your dashboard, click on your account settings and then select “Tax Rates”. Here you’ll be able to define new tax rates and select your default if you’d like.
Adding tax rates to vehicles & add-ons
To set your tax rates for specific vehicles or add-ons, you’ll need to open up your add-ons section, select the add-on you’d like to apply a tax for and choose the desired tax rate. The same can be done for vehicles on the vehicle rates page where you set your pricing.
Improve transaction & deposit reporting
In addition to tax rates, we also worked closely with several of you to better design our transaction reports for fee transparency and accounting. You’ll now find a breakdown of your fees by credit card fees, renter fees and insurance fees. Take a look and please don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions – we’d be happy to hop on a call and walk you through your fee breakdown. Lots more improvements coming here, including the ability to export your transactions to build your own reports.
We’ve also added the ability to see when transactions will be deposited into your account. We’ve always shown dates after the fact, but now you’ll see scheduled deposits as well. Note that this will be on future transactions only – transactions currently making their way to your accounts will not show scheduled deposit dates.
Small Changes & Fixes
- [IMPROVED] Added change to the receipt printouts
- [IMPROVED] Added a 3 month view to your rental calendar
- [IMPROVED] Loading rentals is now significantly quicker
- [IMPROVED] You can now edit vehicle information/descriptions on the details page
- [IMPROVED] Made the reservation edit layout a bit easier to follow/understand
- [FIX] Resolved an issue where attachments would sometimes not correctly attach to messages
- [FIX] Correctly remove cc fee from total fees. This made it look like we were charging much more than we really were in some cases. We were just testing to see if you’d notice…you did.
- [FIX] Transaction deposit reports can now be correctly filtered by deposit date (So sorry to those of you who reported this one, it took us a bit to realize what was going on)
- [FIX] Resolved an issue where sometimes you weren’t able to hold security deposits past 7 days
- [FIX] Improved how we deliver emails so your renters receive better information faster
- [FIX] Resolved an issue where season pricing wouldn’t always calculate correctly on yearly-repeating seasons
- [FIX] Resolved a few minor interface issues when working with seasons