Seasonal/Event pricing has been available in the system for a while now, but the process was cumbersome and required users to edit each vehicle individually. We’re super excited to announce that you can now manage all of your seasonal pricing from one place in the dashboard.
When you open up the seasons page, you’ll notice that you can now edit all of your base pricing in one place. These are the same price settings you’ve always had in each rental, just a bit easier to get to now.
How Seasons Work
Seasons are created with a percentage price increase or decrease from your base pricing. For example, if an RV is listed for $100/day, and you’ve set your season to 120%, the new rate during that season will be $120/day. You can override the season pricing at any time for each vehicle, allowing you to set them to anything you’d like.
On the main seasons page, you’ll see the price adjustment for each season, as well as a count of any custom overrides you’ve created.
Editing & Creating Seasons
To edit a season, click on the “Edit” button next to its description. Once there, you’ll see the following options for each season:
- Season Name – Visible to renters on shopping pages, so make it memorable
- Dates – The dates that the season prices should be in effect for
- Repeat Options – Indicate if this season is just the once or should repeat each year
- Minimum Rental Length – The minimum rental allowed during this period. As always, shorter rentals ARE allowed, but they’ll be charged the minimum length with a note telling the renter why the rate is higher than expected.
- Price Change – A percentage-based change to each of your rental prices. For example, if the RV is $100/day, and you enter 80%, the rental will be $80/day during that season. You can override prices at any time for each vehicle below. If you don’t want any automatic price changes, just set the price adjustment to 100%.
Below the basic options, you’ll find a section to override the season pricing for each vehicle specifically. We’ve included some useful information on utilization rates for the season as well as for each vehicle, allowing you to more easily adjust prices based on remaining availability.
In addition to the overview pages, you can also edit seasonal pricing on vehicle pages as well. It’s a pretty similar interface, just a bit streamlined.
Seasons are pretty awesome, but we also managed to squeeze in some great changes to the quoting interface as well. We’ve added the ability to customize quotes and view final pricing BEFORE you need any contact information from your potential renters. This was a pretty big pain point for some of you, and we’re sorry it took so long to get this knocked out. We’ve also added the ability to search for renters instead of having to remember all of their information each time.
Small Changes & Fixes
- [Improved] We improved the way we handle failed payments, allowing renters to fix the issue before they arrive in your office!
- [Improved] Messages are now sorted by most recently received, like they always shoulda been. Sorry about that!
- [Improved] We no longer merge users automatically based on email address. Instead, we’ll let you know that user already exists and encourage you to search for them using the new search feature on quotes
- [Improved] We improved the way we collect information on transactions. You’ll see the benefit of this soon in newer reporting features
- [Change] We’ve removed the ability to edit renter contact info directly on a reservation. It was a bit confusing because many users didn’t realize you were actually editing the renters info on all of their reservations. Instead, now you have the option of changing the renter directly. If you want to edit info, you’ll need to click “View Profile” and then “Edit”
- [Fix] Some reports were having issues with the first page load not using dates correctly. All fixed!
- [Fix] Inbox zero is great, Inbox -1 not so much. No more negative numbers for messages.
- [Fix] “Invalid” isn’t a real birthday, so we’ve stopped pretending it is…
- [Fix] Fixed a rare issue where driver check upload links weren’t working correctly.
- [Fix] On first filter we wouldn’t always show unavailable RVs on the quote page. Now we do!