It’s been a bit since our last dev update, mostly because we’ve been hard at work on some exciting new features and also knocking out several nagging issues reported by our users. You’ve all been awesome at helping us locate issues and find solutions. We can’t thank you enough!
First and foremost, we’ve released a large update to the way we handle insured drivers on your reservations. Instead of performing driving checks on each customer individually, you now have the option of adding multiple drivers to each customer & each reservation.
After you’ve created a quote, you’ll see a new status along the right hand side labeled “Verified Drivers”. That’ll be your go to place to see how many drivers have been approved for the reservation.
To see more information, including a breakdown of approved drivers and reasons for unapproved drivers, you can open up the “Verified Drivers” tab right next to “Transactions”.
Similar information can be found inside the customer’s profile page as well. There’s no need to re-approve drivers for future bookings. Once they’ve been verified, they can rent from you anytime for the next 6 months without re-verifying.
Adjusting dates, vehicles and pricing on existing reservations
Some of you are going to consider this a bugfix, others won’t. There’s been a lot of back and forth on this one, and we think we’ve found a solution you’ll all like. Previously, whenever you’d adjust the dates or vehicle for a reservation, we would not update prices for you. Some users had requested the system perform this way to provide the most flexibility over pricing — but others felt that it made the system untrustworthy. In the end, we decided to let you decide if you’d like to keep existing prices or let the system update them for you. Below is a quick gif on how it works
Notifications & Important Events
Previously, the only place to get information on recent events like new reservation requests or updated quotes was on your dashboard homepage. We’ve added a site-wide notification widget so you’ll always know if there’s anything that needs your attention
Small Changes & Bug Fixes
- [Update] Improved the reservation calendar with new colors for delivery (a handsome purple) and pickup (a dashing green). Also added more information on the status of each rental
- [Update] Made the dashboard more mobile friendly. Not 100% there yet, but we’re working on it!
- [Update] Drastically simplified the renter checkout process on emailed quotes.
- [Change] Improved the edit pages for reservations, including making insurance more prominent and clearing up some confusion around rental totals and addons
- [Change] Added rv type/length ordering to the vehicle & calendar pages
- [Change] Made it more clear why drivers sometimes fail verifications, particularly if they are under the approved age (25)
- [Change] Made it easier to apply for insurance on all your vehicles by adding more locations to get it done.
- [Change] Removed quotes you created from the notification widget. We’ll only show you an alert for renter-requested quotes now
- [Bugfix] Addressed an issue where birthdays weren’t being saved correctly
- [Bugfix] Addressed some issues with the search interface not performing queries all the time
- [Bugfix] Some rental types would display as just “RV” on the calendar. No more.
- [Bugfix] We had some caching issues with our search index that several of you helped us track down. Thanks so much for that!
- [Bugfix] There was an issue where sometimes a reservation charge wouldn’t complete correctly. All fixed.
Adding drivers to reservations & lots of bug fixes was originally published in Outdoorsy Development on Medium, where people are continuing the conversation by highlighting and responding to this story.